Thursday 5 July 2012

Worms we have encountered


Today, weather-wise was good.   The sun shone and the garden looks amazing.   We have sweet peas, carnations, roses and two little tents where Gerald is growing lettuces and leeks, and I am growing lovely parsley.   The tomato plants have not behaved very well in that flowers are showing no signs of setting into tomatoes.   Apparently they are not happy because it is cold at night.   I have told Gerald to go out at night with my hair-dryer and heat the air up and then quickly to zip the tent up and throw a blanket over it, but before the heat escapes.   He has refused to this, however.

With the worms he has been very successful.   He has with great difficulty transferred the compost from the left-hand bin to the right-hand bin and has informed me that the compost if full of WORMS!  Thousands of them, actually.   This is great news for us oldies.   You see, when we arrived at this place four years ago, there were no worms, or beetles, or slaters, or any kind of wild-life here, so we went to the local distillery and bought a container of a number of worms to join us in the garden.  Now they have multiplied and are improving the soil to a great degree. 

Other matters of interests are that there was an almighty shouting match in parliament today, and I was riveted to listen to Ed Balls and slippery George Osborne accusing each other of being liars.   Well, I hope all good-thinking people would side with Ed Balls as he seethed and asked for evidence that he had had anything to do with the scoundrelly bankers.   We are all sick of the bankers.   When I come back on earth, I am going to be a man, an ex-pupil of Eton, and become a City Boy.   I shall make millions, but I won’t call anybody a liar who is not, and I will give all the money away to the confused and inoffensive people of Scotland and maybe even England.   There must be a way round the greed and guile of upper-crust posers, chancers and thieves.

No comments: