Thursday 19 July 2012


My heart's in the UK 

Today is Thursday and Kat from Eastenders has slinked out of the Queen Vic for an assignation with her secret lover (or sex-partner).   She seems to have been bored with Alfie as he non-stop discussed football moves with Billy.   I shouted to her don’t do it, but she did.   I must admit she has got a point – what is more boring that men discussing football tactics.   We don’t know who the secret lover is as the drumbeats started, to end the programme, just as she entered the house of the ‘lucky one’.   That is if he fancies oily lips.   But already on TV such a lot is about SPORT.    The country seems to be becoming totally reliant on people who are either paid helpers, or soldiers who’ve been asked to stand in for the G4S firm, or volunteers, or the police, or the immigration authorities, or the train and bus drivers or the taxi-cab drivers.   Thank God that some Strauss music is now playing on BBC 4.

I will spend a pleasant hour listening to the PROMS MUSIC.    I will get my knitting out, and think about the days in the near future when the sun will come out.   Maybe tomorrow, in the garden I will be able to ignore the advent of OLYMPIC 2012.    Soon, I can escape in the Megabus to Edinburgh, and chillax in the plane taking me to NICE, S. of France for a few days of holiday.  Then what will I have to moan about?    No cooking, no washing-up, no politicians, no bankers, no hairy men with over-developed muscles on the telly all the time.   Gosh I will have to make quite an adjustment!   To glorious hot sun, to Mediterranean food and sightseeing and admiring the beautiful people along the spectacular coast.   But, you’re right.   I’ll miss my favourite programmes on the BBC.   I’ll miss the great news presenters and weather forecasters who turn up every day to inform us and make us feel safe and in the know.   I’ll miss all-day-long chatter on Radio 4.   And God help me, I’ll miss all the gormless people cheering for their country about gold, silver and bronze medals and for all other terrific achievements and I’ll be glad to get home.

1 comment:

rettchr said...

Eastenders still on the tele? That's my favorite show ever! Don't understand a single word but do enjoy Margaret and Gerald explaining what happened after the show is over, Mari and I so appreciate that. Olympics? Isn't that suppose to be in Rome?