Monday 23 July 2012


The joys of living

The first pills the doctor gave me (6 of them) for a rather embarrassing problem with my waterworks, that is, frequent visits to the Ladies Room, they did not work.   Now, from another GP I have been given stronger antibiotics (10 of them) which he is sure will sort me out.   Oh, the joys of living!   I have been looking up the French for ‘bladder’ (vesicule) since I am going to France in the next few days, so pray for me that the pills work.

A visit from Shonagh, my lovely, strawberry blonde grand-daughter this lunch-time.   We had interesting chats about school-teaching today.   She explained what it entails - it is obviously more stressful, skilled and difficult than in my working life in schools.   It seems all kind of handicapped and deprived pupils are taught inclusively with the other children, really it must be a hard task to keep your spirits up facing these problems every day.

Gerald says I should write more interesting and political things in my blog for instance, why is Jeremy Hunt, Culture Secretary still smiling after so many shambolic happenings with the Olympics?  Or else, I should remark that Andrew Rawnsley of the Observer thinks the whole Olympics carnival is a waste of money and effort.   Well now I have said what he said, so that’s that!   Nonetheless we all think that the competitors work extremely hard for their sporting achievements and WE  WISH THEM WELL!  Myself, I think that the most interesting events and stories about politics will occur in the near future of the coalition Government.

Here is a quote written on a piece of notepaper I found when clearing out my handbag.   I must have kept it for months for a reason.

“So if you happen to be on the beach or near any other body of water this year and I am there too, I’ll be the one in the cut-off jeans and a T-shirt!   You’d better be laughing or rolling on the floor this time.   Life isn’t about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain, with or without a stylish bathing suit!
‘You can’t change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying over the future. 
Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says –“Oh crap, she’s up!”

Happy holiday!



No comments: