Thursday 28 June 2012

Primary teachers at the end of June in Scotland are exhausted, totally.   I know this because yesterday we had two of them, Laura and Margaret, daughters, for an evening meal after their heavy day in schools.   Maybe there is something to be said for the days when women teachers were not allowed to be married.   To have to teach all day and come home to household responsibilities and often more young children is a heavy burden, especially in June at the end of three terms.   This comes from one who knows from experience.   Yet in 2012, the job, the profession seems to be a lot more onerous, time-demanding and wearing.   Who has an answer or is this just a sign of the times?   Woe is me!  

Here's a joke I heard that cheered me up:  One year I decided to buy my mother-in-law a cemetery plot as a christmas gift....  The next year, I didn't buy her a gift.   When she asked me why, I replied, "Well, you still haven't used the gift I bought you last year!"

1 comment:

rettchr said...

"Higgs Boson walks in to the church and the priest says you can't come in here Higgs Boson. Higgs Boson replies without me you have no mass."