Monday 25 June 2012

It is not raining today, so that is something in this damp June here in Inverness.   Gerald and I are lucky in that we are warm and dry inside our bungalow in this backwater, and we have some really lovely plants and flowers in our garden.

The news this morning that  Alistair Darling is going to launch the campaign to keep Scotland within the UK. is very heartening.   I do not believe in splitting up from England, Wales and N. Ireland.   We are too small, and what is the point?   The history of Scotland and England, when they fought, and when it was best that they came together are well-known.   If not they should be.   The main  thing is it is all history.   Now we are British and Europeans.   We want to part of a peaceful, happy world.

Heard from one of the two of my grandchildren who are backpacking in Australia.   Laura Martin thanked me for my birthday present of MONEY of course.   She has got a job in Darwin as a receptionist for four months.   Since she is living with Emma, the other one, and two others in a tent in a camp-site, I hope it works out.   Laura says she is trying to promote my book 'Blind Date in Gibraltar', so she is in my good books.

Must dress now 10am. (really turning into a bohemian) to continue with endless organising of books, photos etc. and to get ready for the Daily Politics with Andrew Neil.   He is one of the Andrews in the media in my life.
 
Thought for the day:   Life is a garden in the rain!

No comments: